Re: Graphical virtualisation management system

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 02:01:52PM -0500, Javier Guerra Giraldez wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 1:32 PM, Freddie Cash <fjwcash@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > ??* virt-manager which requires X and seems to be more desktop-oriented;
>
> don't know about the others, but virt-manager runs only on the admin
> station.  on the VM hosts you run only libvirtd, which doesn't need X

While it can connect to remote systems it seems totally unusable for
that to me.  For one thing working over higher latency links like DSL
or even transatlantik links seems to be almost impossible.  Second I
still haven't figure out how to install and manage a system using the
serial console with KVM, which certainly contributes to the complete
lack of usability above.