Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Getting specific device from qdev structs

> So I've been looking for a way to obtain things like a PCIDevice from a
> more generic structure (say from hw/qdev.h),

If you're having to figure out what kind of a device you have then I think
you're already doing something else wrong. I'd expect the bits of code that
needs to identify devices to be inherently bus specific.

If you've got some sort of on-cpu IOMMU which is asking "did this come from an
ISA device, or a PCI device?", then I suspect you've got your abstraction
layers wrong. This should already have been handled by the pci/isa to cpu
bridge.

Paul