[ kvm-Bugs-1981866 ] Booting WXP SP3 fail

Bugs item #1981866, was opened at 2008-06-02 11:24
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by jessorensen
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=893831&aid=1981866&group_id=180599

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hello.

When booting WXP 32bits SP3 with kvm-69, a BSOD appears before the login screen : "Driver unloaded without cancelling pending operations"
The system starts properly with the -no-kvm switch or in fail-safe mode with kvm acceleration enabled.
I first thought that it was the virtio NIC driver causing problem but it does the same with the Realtech one, and boots with the virtio NIC in failsafe mode with network support.
Reverting the SP3 installation back to SP2 makes it work again.

Cheers.

Kubrick.

Date: 2010-06-18 20:39

Message:
Hi,

Did this problem get resolved for you?

I am able to install XP SP3 successfully here without problems. If you no
longer see this problem, would you mind closing the bug?

Thanks,
Jes

Comment By: Kubrick (kubrick_fr)