[ kvm-Bugs-1802082 ] Networking Dies Under Heavy Load

Bugs item #1802082, was opened at 2007-09-25 16:44
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by jessorensen
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=893831&aid=1802082&group_id=180599

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Running a stress test of kvm using an EnGarde Secure Linux 1.5 guest OS.  Under a heavy network email load, the guest OS networking gets knocked out - unable to ping, ssh, etc.  Can only get things started again by going into vncviewer and restarting the networking services from there.

CPUs: 8 x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5335  @ 2.00GHz
KVM 33-4
Host Kernel: 2.6.23-rc3
Kernel Arch: x86_64
Guest OS: EnGarde Secure Linux 32bit i686,  2.4.31-1.5.60

Command Line:
/usr/bin/qemu-system -hda /root/images/bwimail01.img -boot c -m 384 -smp 4 -std-vga -net nic,vlan=0,macaddr=52:54:00:12:34:6F -net tap,ifname=tap1,script=/etc/qemu-ifup -vnc 192.168.1.57:1 &

Cannot boot guest with the -no-kvm switch.

Can provide remote access to the guest OS if needed for debugging purposes.  Any help appreciated.

Best,
Eckie

Date: 2010-06-11 16:01

Message:
As per Eckie's last add - closing!

Thanks
Jes

Comment By: Eckie Silapaswang (esila)
Date: 2010-06-11 15:58

Message:
jessorensen,

confirmed that with recent QEMU/KVM there are no networking issues - you
may close this out, thank you!

Comment By: Jes Sorensen (jessorensen)
Date: 2010-06-11 11:19

Message:
Hi,

Could you please let us know if this is still a problem with recent
QEMU/KVM? If not, lets close this bug.

Thanks,
Jes

Comment By: Arne Kepp (arneke)