Re: Proposal: bi-weekly guest_memfd upstream call

On 14.10.24 11:05, Vlastimil Babka wrote:
On 10/10/24 19:14, Ackerley Tng wrote:
David Hildenbrand <david@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Ahoihoi,

while talking to a bunch of folks at LPC about guest_memfd, it was
raised that there isn't really a place for people to discuss the
development of guest_memfd on a regular basis.

There is a KVM upstream call, but guest_memfd is on its way of not being
guest_memfd specific ("library") and there is the bi-weekly MM alignment
call, but we're not going to hijack that meeting completely + a lot of
guest_memfd stuff doesn't need all the MM experts ;)

So my proposal would be to have a bi-weekly meeting, to discuss ongoing
development of guest_memfd, in particular:

(1) Organize development: (do we need 3 different implementation
      of mmap() support ? ;) )
(2) Discuss current progress and challenges
(3) Cover future ideas and directions
(4) Whatever else makes sense

Topic-wise it's relatively clear: guest_memfd extensions were one of the
hot topics at LPC ;)

I would suggest every second Thursdays from 9:00 - 10:00am PDT (GMT-7),
starting Thursday next week (2024-10-17).

works for me!

This time works for me as well, thank you!

We would be using Google Meet.

Thanks too! Shall we use http://meet.google.com/wxp-wtju-jzw ?

So is it going to be this one?

I'll follow up with a proper invitation mail today or tomorrow.

And here's a calendar event if you'd like notifications:
https://calendar.google.com/calendar/event?action=TEMPLATE&tmeid=NDJvYjBha3FlMWpxdHFzMGNpNnQzZDk5cjBfMjAyNDEwMTdUMTYwMDAwWiBhY2tlcmxleXRuZ0Bnb29nbGUuY29t&tmsrc=ackerleytng%40google.com&scp=ALL

gcal says it cannot find such event?

Calender needs to be public. Let me give it a try and include it in the mail I'll send out (then, I can also modify/cancel the event etc. ).

--
Cheers,

David / dhildenb