Re: [RFC 00/29] Introduce NVIDIA GPU Virtualization (vGPU) Support

On Mon, Sep 23, 2024 at 10:49:07AM +0200, Danilo Krummrich wrote:
> > 2. Proposal for upstream
> > ========================
>
> What is the strategy in the mid / long term with this?
>
> As you know, we're trying to move to Nova and the blockers with the device /
> driver infrastructure have been resolved and we're able to move forward. Besides
> that, Dave made great progress on the firmware abstraction side of things.
>
> Is this more of a proof of concept? Do you plan to work on Nova in general and
> vGPU support for Nova?

This is intended to be a real product that customers would use, it is
not a proof of concept. There is alot of demand for this kind of
simplified virtualization infrastructure in the host side. The series
here is the first attempt at making thin host infrastructure and
Zhi/etc are doing it with an upstream-first approach.