RE: [RFC 00/29] Introduce NVIDIA GPU Virtualization (vGPU) Support

[...]
> The NVIDIA vGPU VFIO module together with VFIO sits on VFs, provides
> extended management and features, e.g. selecting the vGPU types, support
> live migration and driver warm update.
>
> Like other devices that VFIO supports, VFIO provides the standard
> userspace APIs for device lifecycle management and advance feature
> support.
>
> The NVIDIA vGPU manager provides necessary support to the NVIDIA vGPU VFIO
> variant driver to create/destroy vGPUs, query available vGPU types, select
> the vGPU type, etc.
>
> On the other side, NVIDIA vGPU manager talks to the NVIDIA GPU core driver,
> which provide necessary support to reach the HW functions.

I'm not sure VFIO is the right place to host the NVIDIA vGPU manager.
It's very NVIDIA specific and naturally fit in the PF driver.

The VFIO side should focus on what's necessary for managing userspace
access to the VF hw, i.e. patch29.