Re: [RFC RESEND 0/6] hugetlbfs largepage RAS project

Hello David,

I hope my last week email answered your interrogations about:
    - retrieving the valid data from the lost hugepage
    - the need of smaller pages to replace a failed large page
    - the interaction of memory error and VM migration
    - the non-symmetrical access to a poisoned memory area after a recovery
      Qemu would be able to continue to access the still valid data
      location of the formerly poisoned hugepage, but any other entity
      mapping the large page would not be allowed to use the location.

I understand that this last item _is_ some kind of "inconsistency".
So if I want to make sure that a "shared" memory region (used for vhost-user
processes, vfio or ivshmem) is not recovered, how can I identify what region(s)
of a guest memory could be used for such a shared location ?
Is there a way for qemu to identify the memory locations that have been shared ?

Could you please let me know if there is an entry point I should consider ?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
William.