Re: [Qemu-devel] Suggested Parameters for SLES 10 64-bit

On 18.05.2010, at 11:14, Peter Lieven wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we try to migrate some Suse Linux Enterprise 10 64-bit guests from abandoned
> Virtual Iron by Iron Port to qemu-kvm 0.12.4. Unfortunately the guests are not
> very stable by now. With ACPI they end up in a kernel panic at boot time and without
> they occasionally hang during boot or shortly after.

Could you please post the panics you get? What does hang during boot mean?

The easiest way to get them is probably to start the guest with -serial stdio and pass "console=ttyS0" on the grub command line.

> Has anyone experience with suitable kvm and/or kernel parameters to get
> this stable?

It should be reasonably stable already. The only issue I'm aware of is the missing kvm-clock, so don't expect your timekeeping inside the guest to be 100% sane.

Alex