RE: [ANNOUNCE] PUCK Agenda - 2024.03.13 - No topic

On Wednesday, April 3, 2024 5:42 AM, Sean Christopherson wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 31, 2024, Wei W Wang wrote:
> > On Wednesday, March 13, 2024 8:32 AM, Sean Christopherson wrote:
> > > To: Sean Christopherson <seanjc@xxxxxxxxxx>
> > > Cc: kvm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > > Subject: [ANNOUNCE] PUCK Agenda - 2024.03.13 - No topic
> > >
> > > No topic for tomorrow, but I'll be online.
> > >
> > > Note, the US just did its Daylight Savings thing, so the local time
> > > might be different for you this week.
> > >
> > > Note #2, PUCK is canceled for the next two weeks as I'll be offline.
> > >
> > > Future Schedule:
> > > March    20th - CANCELED
> > > March    27th - CANCELED
> >
> > Would there be a slot available on April 3rd?
> > I'd like to have a discussion about KVM uAPIs for TDX and SNP Live Migration.
> >
> > CC the ones who would be interested in joining the discussion.
> > (Hope more folks working on the SNP migration part could join)
>
> What exactly do you want to discuss and/or achieve?  We can have a
> handwavy discussion about TDX's needs for live migration, but there's
> basically zero chance you'll get concrete feedback on exact uAPIs at this stage
> (we haven't even nailed down the core TDX and SNP uAPI).  Doubly so without
> first giving people *something* to look at.  Even a very rough RFC would go a
> long way toward showing/describing the problem you need/want to solve.

The first talk aims at a high-level discussion, for example, what kind of uAPIs are
needed (not concrete feedback on each uAPI detail), in terms of what are conceptually
common in live migration of a TD and SNP guest.

I think from the uAPI design perspective, the migration part could be independent
from the core TDX and SNP uAPI. Please see the slides attached.