QEMU was not accepted into GSoC 2024

Dear QEMU and KVM community,
Unfortunately QEMU was not accepted into Google Summer of Code this
year and we will not be able to run the projects we had proposed.

This will come as a disappointment to both applicants and mentors, but
please read on. For applicants we encourage you to look at the other
great organizations participating in Google Summer of Code this year,
like libvirt, Linux foundation, or AFLplusplus.

I have not had detailed feedback from Google yet, but at first glance
this seems similar to 2012 when QEMU was also not selected. Sometimes
veteran organizations like QEMU cannot participate due to the finite
amount of funding available.

Applicants can still contribute to QEMU outside GSoC although funding
will not be available this summer. Don't hesitate to reach out to the
mentors for the project idea you are interested in!
https://wiki.qemu.org/Google_Summer_of_Code_2024

QEMU will apply to Google Summer of Code again next year and we hope
to work with you in the future.

Stefan