Re: Can I simulate a virtual Dual-Head Graphiccard?

On 04/28/2010 11:08 PM, Axel Kittenberger wrote:
Hello,

This is a question I was not able to answer with a search. I've been using kvm now quite successfully as server side solution. Now I want to use it on a particular desktop to have a Windows 7 Guest on a native Linux system. Well this desktop has two Screens, and I'm sure its expected to have the Guest also on both screens.

Supposevly I could just simulate a very wide Screen and have the host split it (either SDL or VNC). However, this is not quite the same, as the guest will think exactly that, 1 wide screen. Meaning it will put all the messageboxes exactly in the middle between the two screens, have the startbar spawn on both screens and what not. So two screens are handled a tad differently than one wide.

Is this possible with kvm?

The spice project supports multiple monitors, so when that is merged, you'll be able to use multiple displays.

signature is too narrow to contain.