questions about implementing a zero-copy solution to transfer data between VMs

Hi all,

Probably this is a stale question because I heard of we've already had
some this kind of patches.

I want to implement a zero-copy mechanism to transfer data between
VMs. From what I've investigated, it's quite easy at sender side,
because virtio is good at sharing data pages from VM to HOST; however,
problem arises at receiver side, we have to invent a mechanism to
share host pages to VM. There're two solutions I can think of, but I'm
not sure if they really work:
1. modify the shadow page table of the receiver in the HOST, and
notify the receiver, so that the receiver can access the data pages
directly;
2. implement a pci-character device in receiver. Before the receiver
is notified, HOST has to rearrange the data pages from sender, and set
the base address space of that pci device. In this way, after receiver
mapping the pci memory, it may access the data directly.

folks, would you please help me make sure if the schemes work, better one?

Thanks,
Jay