Questions about TSC virtualization in KVM

Hi KVM community,

   I am trying to figure out how TSC is virtualized in KVM-VMX world.
   According to the kernel documentation, reading TSC register through MSR can be trapped into KVM and VMX. I am trying to figure out the KVM code handing this trap.
   In order to understand it, I have run a kernel traced by GDB, and added break points to the code I thought they may handle the MSR trap, e.g., kvm_get_msr, vmx_exec_control, etc. Then ran rdtsc from guest application, however, it  didn’t trigger these breakpoints. I am a little lost in how TSC is virtualized.
   Two questions:
   - does the TSC MRS instructions are emulated and trapped into KVM?
   - if TSC is trapped, which code handles it?

Any background about TSC virtualization and suggestions on tracing its virtualization are appreciated.

Thank you,

Yifei