Re: Deadlock due to EPT_VIOLATION

On Mon, Aug 21, 2023, Sean Christopherson wrote:
> Below is another bpftrace program that will hopefully shrink the haystack to
> the point where we can find something via code inspection.

Forgot to say what it actually does: it's essentially printf debugging to see how
far a stuck vCPU gets when trying to handle an EPT violation.  The program should
be silent until a vCPU gets stuck (though I would still wait until there's stuck
vCPU to load it).  When a vCPU's "faults taken":"faults handled" ratio gets over
5:1, i.e. the vCPU appears to be taking EPT violations without doing anything,
the program will start printing.  Unfortunately, what can be traced via kprobe
bit limited because much of the page fault handling path gets inlined.