VM Memory Map

Hi,

Accesses to certain memory addresses by the guest trigger a KVM_EXIT_MMIO. I can't seem to find a memory map in the documentation or source that describes exactly which addresses are real memory and which addresses are MMIO addresses (on x86, if that matters). Is there any such documentation or a listing in the source?

Is there any way to configure which addresses are MMIO? I hoped that mapping memory to MMIO address regions with the KVM_SET_USER_MEMORY_REGION ioctl would allow me to use them as memory, but that didn't work. The only ioctls that seem relevant to MMIO are KVM_(UN)REGISTER_COALESCED_MMIO, but those only allow coalescing MMIO exits, not changing which addresses cause them.

Thanks,
Yahya Sohail