Bug: Intel Arc A-Series GPUs VFIO pass through no video out

Hi,

I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place for this. I'd
previously opened a report on the Intel GPU Community Issue Tracker
and they suggested I open a bug for the VM software I'm using.

The issue:

If you try to pass through an Intel Arc A770 LE (or any other Arc
A-series GPU) from a Linux host to a Windows guest, you do not get any
video out or detected monitors on the Arc card. But, the card is being
picked up by the drivers and will run whatever workload you throw at
it, there's just no picture on the monitor. The monitor detects
something on VM boot, but nothing other than a black screen is
visible.

There is a "fix" discovered by taoj17v on reddit: Unplug the display
cables from the GPU, boot the host and then the VM. Once the guest has
finished booting, connect the cables.

He also points out that it is likely a bug in the firmware.