Shadow page table questions

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could point me to some documentation that explains the basic non-nested-paging shadow page table algorithm/strategy used by KVM. I understand that KVM caches shadow page tables across context switches and that there is a reverse mapping and page protection to help zap shadow page tables when the guest page tables change. However, I'm not entirely sure how the actual caching is done. At first I assumed that KVM would change the host CR3 on every guest context switch such that it would point to a cached shadow page table for the currently running guest user thread, however, as far as I can tell, the host CR3 does not change so I'm a little lost. If indeed it doesn't change the CR3, how does KVM solve the problem that arises when two processes in the guest OS share the same guest logical addresses?

I'm also interested in figuring out what KVM does when running with multiple virtual CPUs. Looking at the code, I can see that each VCPU has its own root pointer to a shadow page table graph, but I have yet to figure out if this graph has node's shared between VCPUs, or whether they are all private.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Marek