Re: About creating VM

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 2, 2010, at 7:19 PM, satimis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi folks,

Host - Ubuntu 9.10 64bit
Virtualizer - KVM

I followed;
Virtualization With KVM On Ubuntu 9.10
http://www.howtoforge.com/virtualiza...on-ubuntu-9.10

to install this Virtual Machine. The steps worked without problem. But I have following points can't be resolved:-

1)
I can't find the option on vmbuilder for selecting the packages to install. (no GUI)

Vmbuilder support should be sought elsewhere.

2)
If the OS to be installed is an iso image what command shall I run, especially Windows?

I usually change -m and -vga as a bare minimum

3)
I tried to run "rdesktop" to connect the VM without success. I have no idea what shall I replace for "abcd", e.g

$ rdesktop -a 16 -N 192.168.0.200:abcd

192.168.0.200 is the host ip address.

Usually you shouldn't have to change the port, so leave off the : and everything after

4)
Finally I install virt-manager. It works to connect the VM

virt-manager support should also be sought elsewhere.

Please help. TIA

B.R.
Stephen L