pci-passthrough logging

Hello,

I'm new to kvm and I'm trying to log pci config and mmio read/writes for a particular pci (pci-e to be precise) device that I've passthrough to qemu-kvm (dma=none).

I put a printk into kvm_iodevice_read/write() in linux/virt/kvm/iodev.h but the log seems to get corrupted when the action picks up.

I looked at qemu-kvm/hw/pci_host.c and found pci_host_data_write/read_mmio[]. But I don't know where those are implemented, nor exactly what they do for that matter.

I appologise for the n00b nature of my problem, but there isnt any documentation on the pci-passthrough architecture in linux/Documentation/kvm or in qemu-kvm.

Does anyone know where/how to log pci-passthrough accesses?

thanks,

Vik.
PS: This is a "one off" question, so I'm not subscribed to the list, please make sure my email addresses is in the reply fields.