Re: S390 testing for IOMMUFD

On 11/9/22 11:12 AM, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
On Wed, Nov 09, 2022 at 09:49:01AM -0500, Anthony Krowiak wrote:
I cloned the https://lore.kernel.org/kvm/Y2q3nFXwOk9jul5u@xxxxxxxxxx/T/#m76a9c609c5ccd1494c05c6f598f9c8e75b7c9888
repo and ran the vfio_ap test cases. The tests ran without encountering the
errors related to the vfio_pin_pages() function
I updated the git repos with this change now

but I did see two tests fail attempting to run crypto tests on the
guest. I also saw a WARN_ON stack trace in the dmesg output
indicating a timeout occurred trying to verify the completion of a
queue reset. The reset problem has reared its ugly head in our CI,
so this may be a good thing as it will allow me to debug why its
happening.
Please let me know if you think this is iommufd related, from your
description it sounds like an existing latent bug?

Just in case you missed my response to my previous email, the problems I was seeing were due to using a set regression tests that I patched to try to improve the tests performance. When I ran the vanilla tests they ran successfully without any problems with your patch. I will continue testing but as of now, it looks good to me.

Thanks,
Jason