qemu-kvm

Hi!!

I got a curious situation that leads me to start sailing on qemu-kvm
source code.

I got an audio latency very very high, even with some little cuts at
playback. In qemu lists they told me qemu is synchronous, so if it
take so long to draw high screen resolution audio could be affected.
As I saw, qemu uses sdl to draw guest screen on host computer, my
question is: when sdl draw it uses some kind of 2d acceleration?

Woulld it be hard to make for example screen draw asynchronously to
audio playback? where would be a good point to start look for how to
do it?

Thanks!