Re: ath11k VFIO MSI issue with DMAR

在2022年9月13日九月 下午3:55,David Woodhouse写道:
> On Tue, 2022-09-13 at 15:09 +0100, Jiaxun Yang wrote:
[...]
> Your best bet is probably to have the hypervisor trap accesses to the
> ath11k_ce_srng_msi_ring_params_setup and ath11k_dp_srng_msi_setup
> registers and do the same trick of allocating a host IRQ route and
> writing the converted MSI message.
>
> The alternative is to build some kind of enlightenment to let the guest
> ask the hypervisor to tell it the correct remappable format message to
> use... but that's going to get very horrid very quickly. If your
> hardware allows you to read the MSI(X) table via some other indirect
> route which isn't trapped by the hypervisor to give you back the
> "original" thing you wrote, perhaps you could write to an unused MSI
> and then read back what the hardware *actually* contains... then write
> that to the special register? But that's kind of awful.

Indeed both ideas sound awful...

My current approach is raise a guest APIC interrupt when 0x25 fault happens.
Though I'm currently hardcoding guest APIC destination but I think it's possible
to check fault MSI address/data from fault event address/data registers against
DMAR interrupt mapping table to determine actual destination?

It's bit of trap and emulation, think that will enable DMAR driver to handle such
situtation.

Thanks.

--
- Jiaxun