[ kvm-Bugs-1831806 ] [Feature Request] See KVM version from userspace

Bugs item #1831806, was opened at 2007-11-14 08:40
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by iggy_cav
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=893831&aid=1831806&group_id=180599

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
It would be very helpful, if I would be able to see several things from Qemu/KVM userspace:

1.KVM user space version
2.KVM kernel space version
3.If KVM kernel space loaded, the userspace must show current CPU capabilities has: VT-x, VT-d, FlexPriority, SVM, ...

Explanation:

1. KVM userspace has no ID at all. Having several versions installed makes it confusing.

2. modinfo kvm is not always good, because it shows which module installed on the hard disk in standard location, not which module is loaded into RAM. (which may be loaded manually from non-standard location)

3. Currently /proc/cpuinfo doesn't shows those advanced CPU capabilities :(

This will make debugging/testing easier.

-Alexey. 14.11.2007.

Comment By: Anthony Liguori (aliguori)