Re: [Autotest] [RFC] KVM test: Ship rss.exe and finish.exe binaries with KVM test

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 5:13 PM, Uri Lublin <uril@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 02/03/2010 04:25 PM, Michael Goldish wrote:
>>> 4) Another option is to make winutils.iso available (somewhere on the
>>> web), and
>>> download it in get_started.py (similar to other iso images used by kvm
>>> test).
>>
>> But isn't there a legal problem with that?
>> winutils.iso contains VLC media player (for the timedrift test).
>> If there's no legal problem, this sounds like the best option to me.
>
> You may be right (although I think VLC is GPL).
> I meant only for rss.exe and finish.exe.
> Other components such as VLC media player can be downloaded separately.

Well, today I re-vamped the documentation for the kvm test, and there
I explained how to get all the components of the iso

http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/KVM-Autotest/Client_Install

And I really really want to ship the full winutils.iso. If for some
reason we can't ship VLC, we'll find another windows video capable of
doing theora, which is totally patent unencumbered, so there will be
joy and happiness for everyone :)

--
Lucas