Re: Convert KVM to VirtualBox

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your advice.

Just qemu-img convert the image to raw and use that as disk image in
vbox. Make sure you configure your vm to the same hw as on kvm (apic,
piix3, etc)

Could you please explain in more detail "... configure your vm to the same hw as on kvm (apic, piix3, etc)"? The image file of vm is *.qcow2. I'll run VirtualBox on KVM if possible. The former is desktop virtualization. Ah a further thought can convert vm across PCs? That is VirtualBox is running on another PC.

But seriously, why would anyone want to go this direction?

I can't get sound work on vm. Therefore I expect trying VirturlBox to check whether it can sort out this problem. I'll run VirtualBox on KVM if possible. The former is desktop virtualization.

B.R.
Stephen