Re: Add vfio-platform support for ONESHOT irq forwarding?

Hi,
On 7/12/22 18:02, Liu, Rong L wrote:
> Hi Sean and Dmytro,

Currently, no vmexit for edge-sensitive and 1 vmexit for level-sensitive
is what happens on ARM shared peripheral interrupts at least.
Note there is one setup that could remove the need for the vmexit on
vEOI: irq_bypass mode
(https://www.linux-kvm.org/images/a/a8/01x04-ARMdevice.pdf slide 12-14):
on GIC you have a mode that allows automatic completion of the physical
IRQ when the corresponding vIRQ is completed. This mode would not be
compatible with oneshort_irq.
At some point we worked on this enablement but given the lack of
vfio-platform customers this work was paused so we still have the
mask/unmask vfio dance.

Thanks

Eric