High availability VM

Hi there,

I would need a system running in a VM with high availability. My current version of KVM in Debian Lenny does not support to take snapshots of the VM while it is running. So I was wondering if I can migrate the VM and then make the snapshot on the source host. Once the snapshot is done, I would migrate the machine back to the source host. Is that possible? Can I run a savevm command on a already migrated VM?

The main idea is to make snapshots in a daily basis, and in case the host machine fails (i.e. hardware failure), starts the last snapshot in a new host.

Best regards,

  Pablo

--

Pablo Mellado
Software Engineer

Instituto de Radioastronomia Milimetrica
Avenida Divina Pastora 7, Local 20
E 18012 Granada, España
Telefono: +34 958 805 456 Fax: +34 958 222363