Re: Windows Vista/7 repeatedly prompt to Set Network Location

Chris Lalancette wrote:
On 01/26/2010 11:22 PM, Jamin W. Collins wrote:

While the uuid isn't the same from one execution to the next, to my
knowledge it's not something the VM ever sees and is only an identifier
within KVM.  Has anyone else seen anything like this?

Actually, that's not true (if I remember correctly).  The uuid is exposed to the guest
via the SMBIOS tables, so that might be causing the problem.  Try setting the
UUID in the libvirt XML, and that may solve it.

Even with the UUID defined in the XML I'm still repeatedly getting the prompt to define the network location. If I simply reboot the virtual machine all is well. However, if I actually shut the virtual machine down, on the next startup it will ask for the network location type.