RTC (real-time clock) emulation through host shim

Hi,

I was wondering if it would be feasible to provide a /dev/rtc0 driver for KVM guests to sync to their host's system clock?

I recently ran into an issue where my laptop went to sleep, and when the guest and host came back out of sleep, their respective clocks had skewed and "make" was generating unexpected results.

It would be trivial to add a user-space hook on the G1 to G0 ACPI transition, and run "hwclock --hctosys" for instance for guest-side support, same as for booting.

The host- and guest- side driver support don't seem particularly complicated, either.

Is this feasible?

Thanks,

-Philip