USB pass-though for an entire hub or port

Hi Everyone,

I am a sysadmin and would like to use a Linux host with a Windows KVM
guest in university computer lab. Our users will expect to be able to
use USB devices and have them show in windows (or selectively in Linux),
but the vendor and device ID's will not be known ahead of time.

Is there a way to tell KVM to pass-through anything plugged into certain
USB ports or a specified USB hub?

I want to provide users with the option of running windows or Linux
simultaneously, but with a simple way to choose which USB devices show
up in windows or Linux. I want to tell my users something easy like,
"stuff plugged into the USB ports on the monitor show up in windows, all
others show up in Linux"

I plan to use RHEL5.4 with the bundled KVM support.

Please use "Reply All" because I'm not subscribe to this list.

Thanks,
Jason