RE: MS Window virtio drivers certification status

[YV] Drivers that were released with RHEL 5.4 are certified by MS for
Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows 2008 and Window 2008 R2. Drivers that
will be released with RHEL 5.5 will also include Windows 7 certification.
> Is there a timeline for this?
[YV] We are also working to push certified drivers as part of Fedora 13.
> Will the drivers be included in future MS operating system DVD
> distribution?
[YV] No timeline for this. We definitely would like this to happen, but
the process is in its beginning.

Some additional comments regarding MS certification (might be different
from things accustomed in open source community): Driver certification is
per specific binary and not for the code base. So there is specific binary
version of the driver that got MS certification.