VNC framebuffer block artefacts on qemu-kvm-0.12.1.1

Hi all,

Having just upgraded from kvm-85 to qemu-kvm-0.12.1.1 on one of our servers, I've noticed that I am seeing block artefacts when connecting using VNC to the graphical VGA console of a WinXP guest.

Looking at the VNC output, what I am seeing is that instead of updating some parts of the screen which require a redraw, they are just being replaced by light grey blocks of around 16x16 pixels. Generally, but not always, several of these blocks appear in a row. Moving the mouse over the relevant sections of the screen causes them to be redrawn correctly.

I've tried this using both the cirrus and vga drivers, switching between 16/24/32 bit colour and also different resolutions and unfortunately the effect still remains :( Is there anything else I can do to help try and debug this? Again this is on an x86_64 Debian Lenny host with a 2.6.32.2 kernel on Intel.

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk