Re: Memory ballooning deactivated by the guest

On 01/04/2010 12:08 PM, Daniel Bareiro wrote:

(qemu) info balloon
The balloon device has not been activated by the guest
You need to add '-balloon virtio' to the qemu command line (the error
message is incorrect).
What do you mean whereupon the error message is incorrect?

It should say the balloon device is not activated by the host.

Before I didn't need to use '-balloon virtio', although this was when I
used kvm-88. This is a necessary requirement when using recent versions
of qemu-kvm?

Yes.

If now it is necessary, it could be useful to indicate it in the online
documentation [1].

[1] http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Virtio

That page is more about I/O, ballooning deserves a page of its own.