RE: iommufd dirty page logging overview

for the 2nd option I suppose userspace is expected to retrieve
dirty bits via VFIO_DEVICE_FEATURE before every iommufd
unmap operation in precopy phase, just like why we need return
the dirty bitmap to userspace in iommufd unmap interface in
the 1st option. Correct?

Is there any value of having iommufd pull dirty bitmap from
vfio driver then the userspace can just stick to a unified
iommufd interface for dirty pages no matter they are tracked
by system IOMMU or device IP? Sorry if this has been discussed
in previous threads which I haven't fully checked.

Thanks
Kevin