Re: OpenSolaris 64-bit possible regression

On 01/03/2010 08:46 PM, Mark Bidewell wrote:
On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 1:16 AM, Avi Kivity<avi@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
On 12/31/2009 06:46 PM, Mark Bidewell wrote:
I have been testing OpenSolaris using the latest qemu-kvm and the KVM
modules shipped with the latest F-12 kernel.  When I attempt to load
OpenSolaris 2009.06 live CD in 64-bit mode I get several complaints
about illegal instruction followed by an infinite loop of attempts to
enter maintenance mode.  This configuration worked under KVM-88 in
F-11.  If I specify --no-kvm it works and if I force 32-bit kernel it
works.

Any suggestions on how to further debug?

What exactly are the complaints?
Thanks for the reply, I am not sure how to get the exact messages
since they are early in the boot.  Any suggestions?

Use qemu -serial and configure the guest to log to the serial port.

Some additional background:

-I originally installed on KVM-88 which worked in 64-bit mode (F11).
-After upgrading to F12 I encountered the above problem on the
installed image using latest qemu-kvm and fedora kernel KVM modules.
-After booting the live CD in 32-bit mode and installing.  The
installed image now  works in 64-bit mode

So the problem is in the install kernel?

signature is too narrow to contain.