Re: simple networking howto

---------- Original Message -----------
From: Avi Kivity <avi@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: kvm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 22:28:45 +0200
Subject: Re: simple networking howto

> On 12/28/2009 10:14 PM, richard lucassen wrote:
> > Hello list,
> >
> > As there is another way to connect VM's to the hosts network apart from
> > bridging, so I wrote a simple howto:
> >
> > http://www.xaq.nl/kvm-tap-howto.txt
> >
> > I have used this method quite a lot ever since I started using KVM
> > (KVM-8?)
> >
> > Would this be useful enough to add it to the networking howto?
> >

> I think so.  As its own page (with a link) so as not to add to the
> confusion, please.
>
> --
> I have a truly marvellous patch that fixes the bug which this
> signature is too narrow to contain.
>
> --
------- End of Original Message -------

I think this from gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/KVM it's usefull for your howto
Add in /etc/sysctl.conf:
#
# Setup bridge interface for KVM
#
net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-arptables = 0
net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-iptables = 0
net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-ip6tables = 0

With this lines it isn't necessary the iptables rules.
Best regards,

Riccardo