Need help debugging kvm guest OS install

Hi all
   I have been trying to install guest-os on SLES 11 distrubtion I followed all instructions on the site. I downloaded the latest qemu user land utilities. The kvm and kvm_intel modules are loaded. Nothing seems to happen after i run:

qemu-system-x86_64 -hda vdisk.img -cdrom /dev/cdrom/guest.iso -boot d -m 512

A vnc server is started the but whole things seems to stall after that. Are there any log files that i can look into or is it possible to run qemu-system-x86_64 in a more verbose mode?

Thanks in Advance
- Sarvesh