Re: warning in kvm_hv_invalidate_tsc_page due to writes to guest memory from VM ioctl context

Sean Christopherson <seanjc@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Tue, Feb 08, 2022, Vitaly Kuznetsov wrote:
>> Maxim Levitsky <mlevitsk@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> > and hv-avic only mentions AutoEOI feature.
>>
>> True, this is hidden in "The enlightenment allows to use Hyper-V SynIC
>> with hardware APICv/AVIC enabled". Any suggestions on how to improve
>> this are more than welcome!.
>
> Specifically for the WARN, does this approach makes sense?
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/all/YcTpJ369cRBN4W93@xxxxxxxxxx

(Sorry for missing this dicsussion back in December)

It probably does but the patch just introduces
HV_TSC_PAGE_UPDATE_REQUIRED flag and drops kvm_write_guest() completely,
the flag is never reset and nothing ever gets written to guest's
memory. I suppose you've forgotten to commit a hunk :-) This is good
starting poing though, I'll take a look.

--
Vitaly