Re: [kvm-unit-tests 02/13] x86: AMD SEV-ES: Setup #VC exception handler for AMD SEV-ES

On Fri, Feb 4, 2022 at 9:15 AM Joerg Roedel <jroedel@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Marc,
>
> On Fri, Feb 04, 2022 at 07:57:39AM -0800, Marc Orr wrote:
> > Regarding code review and testing, I can help with the following:
> > - Compare the patches being pulled into kvm-unit-tests to what's in
> > the Linux kernel and add my Reviewed-by tags if I don't see any
> > meaningful discrepancies.
> > - Test the entire series on Google's setup, which doesn't use QEMU and
> > add my Tested-by tag accordingly. My previous Tested-by tags were on
> > individual patches. I have not yet tested the entire series.
> >
> > Please let me know if this is useful. If not, I wouldn't spend the time :-).
>
> I think it is definitly useful to run this in Googles environment too
> to get it tested and possible bugs ruled out. That can only help the
> upstream integration of these patches :)

SGTM. Thank you for the feedback.

> Varad discussed an idea with me today where the core VC handling code
> could be put into a library and used by the kernel and unit-tests and
> possibly others as well. The has the benefit that the kvm-unit-tests
> would also test the kernels VC handler paths. But it is probably
> something for the future.

Yes, I like this idea a lot. This is basically what our internal test
framework does. So if we can eventually convert this code to be a #VC
as a library, that can be used from kvm-unit-tests, Linux kernel,
UEFI, etc., that would be great.