Re: [GIT PULL] AlacrityVM guest drivers for 2.6.33

* Gregory Haskins <gregory.haskins@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Linus,
>
> Please pull AlacrityVM guest support for 2.6.33 from:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ghaskins/alacrityvm/linux-2.6.git
> for-linus
>
> All of these patches have stewed in linux-next for quite a while now:
>
> Gregory Haskins (26):

I think it would be fair to point out that these patches have been objected to
by the KVM folks quite extensively, on multiple technical grounds - as
basically this tree forks the KVM driver space for which no valid technical
reason could be offered by you in a 100+ mails long discussion.

(And yes, i've been Cc:-ed to much of that thread.)

The result will IMO be pain for users because now we'll have two frameworks,
tooling incompatibilities, etc. etc.

I've extended the Cc: for the KVM folks to have a chance to reply. Please try
_much_ harder to work with the KVM folks instead of ignoring their feedback
and de-facto forking their project. (and not mentioning any of this in your
pull request) We should unify, not fracture.

	Ingo