Re: Doubt on KVM-88 vulnerabilities

On 12/14/2009 01:08 PM, Daniel Bareiro wrote:

Then, I imagine that only it would be necessary to compile the
userspace.

It is not necessary to rebuild userspace, unless you want to use new features.

The steps that I habitually followed are the mentioned ones
in the section 'Unpacking and configuring kvm components' of this [1]
document, but I suppose that to only compile userspace it will be
necessary to follow a different procedure. Is there some document that
you can indicate to me where are mentioned these steps?

I suggest downloading qemu-kvm-0.12.0-rc2. All you need is a ./configure; make; make install.

Very interesting the replies in this thread. It drew attention
powerfully to me which Michael Tokarev said that KVM never was and
never will be for production. Personally I'm using KVM-88 with 2.6.30
and it works wonderfully well.

I doubt he meant kvm is not for production use. Instead, the development snapshots are not meant for production use (as they do not receive updates, for example). Instead, use the modules and userspace provided by your distribution, or the kvm-kmod and qemu-kvm packages.