Parallel Port question

Hi all,

I'm currently running kvm-88 with a parallel port forwarding and Win XP as guest. The Windows XP guest talks directly to the hardware registers of the parallel port and tries to programm a piece of hardware over a proprietary softwar tool. The hardware is connected via Parallel port and a JTAG interface. (The Chip ID is recognized correctly over the port)

Running the Windows natively on the system programming is successful. If I run it within the windows guest the Busy flag of the parallel port seems to be "too slow". That means the software expects a low signal but the bit is still set.

Are there any posibilities to enable a more direct access to the parallel port? Am I able to map "somehow" the heap of I/O registers directly into the guest for accessing it? What does the "linux host driver layer" do with the parallel port bits? Are they somehow modified within the driver?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Erik