Re: screen recording a KVM guest (preferably VISTA) session

Am 09.12.2009 um 21:54 schrieb Bhaskar Muppana <mgvbhaskar@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,

Is there a good way to record KVM guest session into a video?

I tried the following approach; it worked with some issues, which are
making the solution unusable. I tried to capture the video (using
screen recorders like gtk-recmydesktop and VLC) while running VISTA
guest in full-screen. The whole session is getting captured pretty
good, except the BIOS screen and initial vista screen (green progress
bar). I guess, screen recorders couldnt capture properly as KVM keeps
on changing resolution while running BIOS and loading initial OS.

PS: I am running VISTA in KVM guest and the host is UBUNTU 8.04.

Thanks for the response,

You could try to capture the vnc session. Qemu's vnc server allows multiple concurrent connections, so you could have one recorder and one controller attached.

Alex

-- Bhaskar
-- What man is a man who does not make the world better?