Re: Can't get guests to recognize NUMA architecture as alluded to in Redhat marketing material

Is your question about kvm, libvirt or some red hat product? Your
posting to kvm list but it sounds like it's a libvirt question.

Because in KVM the virtual machine was a regular Linux process you can
leverage numa in the same way you would for any other process.
eg. set numa on your host then launch kvm with numactl

numactl -m 0 --physcpubind=0,8 qemu-kvm .........

That doesn't mean your creating some numa structure inside the vm, it
just means that the VM's large amount of memory is backed by a numa
node so you're get improved memory performance.

---