Re: Windows XP Bluescreen when unplugging printer

Jim Paris wrote:
Erik Rull wrote:
Hi Jim,

sorry, still a bluescreen - but another one :-)
BUGCODE_USBDRIVER is its name.

Any other ideas? With USB 1.1 on the host everything is fine, after enabling USB 2.0 in BIOS on the host, USB is faster within the guest, but I have the given Bluescreen problem.

Best regards,

No ideas, sorry.  It might be a Windows driver problem triggered by
qemu timing differences (try reinstalling the printer drivers?)  You
might also try enabling DEBUG in usb-linux.c and compare the output
you get there with a usbmon capture on the host, and a usbsnoopy
capture on the guest, to see if there are any discrepencies.  Not sure
what kind of thing you'd be looking for, though.

-jim

Hm, what I forgot to say: Now the bluescreen comes up directly after trying to print, before it only appeared on unplugging or shutdown. And: It seems to be a USB 2.0 issue. When I plug in a USB 1.1 printer everything is fine??

Can you recommend a usb sniffer tool? Hope this helps when getting a bluescreen :-)

Best regards,

Erik