PCI passthrough of TV-tuners with VT-d

Hi

While considering upgrading my MythTV backend to a VT-d capable
system, I'm trying to figure out if it would be possible to utilize
PCI passthrough with KVM.

As far as I understand the wiki page on "How to assign devices with
VT-d" [1] and various posts on mailing lists, then all conventional
PCI devices should (hopefully) work, as long as they don't share an
IRQ with another device, and IF they share a IRQ, the device must be
MSI capable - is this assumption correct? I know that graphics cards
are special, but I'm only interested in TV tuners in my specific case.

I don't know if anyone has tested TV tuners on KVM, which perhaps
makes it a hard question, but would you expect that a regular PCI TV
Tuner with onboard MPEG2 encoder (not PCI Express, not MSI-capable,
using a unique IRQ) would work?

If it makes any difference, the TV tuners are all Hauppauge
PVR-150/250, recognized by lspci as "Multimedia video controller:
Internext Compression Inc iTVC16 (CX23416) MPEG-2 Encoder".

Thanks in advance :)

Best Regards
Kenni Lund

[1] http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/How_to_assign_devices_with_VT-d_in_KVM