Re: [PULL REQUEST] merge latest upstream qemu networking bits

On 10/28/2009 04:19 PM, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
Hey,

Below is a pull request to merge latest qemu.git/master into
qemu-kvm.git/next

Pulled, thanks.

The most notable thing here is that all our networking changes are now
upstream - i.e. there are no longer qemu-kvm specific changes to
net.[ch], net-queue.[ch], savevm.c and hw/virtio-net.c

This has resulted in one intentional regression - in order to use GSO,
you must now use '-netdev tap' rather than '-net tap'. We could continue
to support the latter, but it's never going upstream so we may as well
drop it now.

Another regression is that virtio-net loses it's MAC address, but I've
just sent a fix for that to qemu-devel.

What does this mean?  It loses the ability to set it?

The merge wasn't as straightforward as one might have hoped because many
of the intermediate upstream commits weren't actually buildable because
the patches were mangled as they were applied. I took the approach of
merging those unbuildable commits individually and applying a fixup
patch, so each merge commit should be buildable. Those fixup changes
went away in later merges.

Great, thanks.