Re: kvm-kmod broken with user-return-notifiers

Zachary Amsden wrote:
> With current upstream changes, VMX operation now relies on have the
> user-notifiers infrastructure.  This makes kvm-kmod use on older kernels
> untenable.
>
> I looked a bit at fixing the underlying problem by simulating the
> user-return callback when we context switch, but it is uglier than I
> would like.
>
> Is anyone currently working on a fix?  This is blocking my development
> work, so if there is no action it looks like I will have to fix it myself.

You are welcome to test kvm-kmod next and also give feedback on the
approach I applied.

Jan

PS: Just like Avi and Marcelo are posting their work-in-progress to the
next branches of kvm.git and qemu-kvm.git, I will do the same with
kvm-kmod. I'm just still struggling with the sometimes terrible update
latency of korg's public git.