Re: vhost-net patches

Hello Michael,

On Tue, 2009-10-27 at 17:27 +0200, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> Possibly GFP_ATOMIC allocations in vring_add_indirect are failing?
> Is there a chance you are tight on guest memory for some reason?
> with vhost, virtio does currently consume a bit more memory than
> with userspace backend.

I did see memory leak on host every time after exiting guest. I don't
know where. Do you see it?

Anyway after I reboot host and restart guest with large memory
allocation, I do see performance improves to 3xxxMb/s, and occasionally
reaches 40xxMb/s. But "queue full" still exists, I can avoid the problem
by increasing send queue size from qemu.

I will apply deferring skb allocation patch on guest to see any
performance gain after your vhost patch.

Thanks
Shirley